We seek an energetic, passionate and empathic teammate who is compelled to make a difference through their work. The Development & Marketing Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Fund Development and is a key member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s national team. This person plays an essential role supporting and achieving the annual national fundraising and marketing plan.
Why Big Brothers Big Sisters?
Since 1912, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been a social justice champion making a positive difference in the lives of Canada’s children and youth. The organization develops and implements a wide range of mentoring programs. Through the “power of three”–the family; the organization; and the mentor–we provide children the life-changing developmental relationships they need to reach their full potential.
Across Canada, Big Brothers Big Sisters serves more than 41,000 children and youth in 1,000 communities, through its 98 member agencies. The need is great as there are still thousands more Canadian children and youth waiting for mentors.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s (BBBSC) role is that of catalyst, facilitator, and guardian of the brand. We fundraise to provide support, services, training, and leadership to our member agencies.
Our staff and volunteers support diverse young Canadians by providing a safe passage through childhood. We help children overcoming adversities and provide opportunities for them to grow and thrive as young adults.
You are able to multi-task and to manage all elements of the role, while effectively communicating with senior leadership team members.
You are passionate about our mission and carry a growth and innovation mindset, and you have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
You are a results-driven individual who is analytical, entrepreneurial, and a problem-solver.
What will you be doing in this role?
You are both hands-on and proactive in assisting the areas of development, marketing and social media. You possess a multi-disciplinary skillset around providing administrative & organizational support within the area of Development and Marketing.
In recruiting for the role of Development and Marketing Coordinator, we are looking for someone who has the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, is comfortable working both independently and in cooperation with others, and who will be a key contributor to the success of our team.
This is a 1 FTE (35 hours per week) position that reports to the Vice President, Fund Development. As our Development and Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Provide support to Fund Development team to ensure that fundraising and donor activities are executed in a timely fashion with a keen attention to detail and privacy
- Support in the activation and stewardship of partners
- Participate in prospect research within the national office and across the Federation to determine capacity and interest
- Prepare briefing notes, presentation and call materials as required
- Coordinate and support other activities such as grants, direct mail appeals and events
- Support donor relations including tax receipt and general inquiries
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Support the team to develop compelling, engaging, content, including evergreen and campaign-themed content, digital media posts (blog content plus national social channels), to raise awareness of the mission, the need and the brand.
- Communicate participation opportunities to member agencies, corporate partners, government officials, and other stakeholders
- Develop mission and fundraising content for multiple channels; support listening and analytics, including identification of top performing content and relevant trending topics
- Maintain social calendar for national organization
- Identify opportunities to engage influencers and digital media ambassadors
Knowledge & skills
In addition to being a team player, quick learner, and an analytical thinker the successful candidate will have the Following Attributes:
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, marketing, or related fields.
- 2+ years working knowledge of fundraising marketing concepts and principles and or progressive experience
- Strong graphic design skills for digital environments
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, analytics and measurement
- Proficient in Office 365 environment and platforms including Teams, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and eager to learn
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service-oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Bilingual fluency (French) is an asset
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken), French is an asset
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We strongly encourage members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently abled and other equity seeking groups to apply and self-identify. Language abilities, especially bilingualism (English and French) are considered an asset.
If accommodation if required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the ongoing commitment to health and safety, new employees who commence employment with BBBSC are requested to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Although BBBSC works in a remote environment, there will be opportunities to for the staff to connect and engage periodically at in-person BBSC meetings and external events.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan, National Manager, Talent & Culture at email@example.com. The posting will be active until the position is filled or a candidate has been identified.