Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada (BBBSC) has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced, Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Operations to join our team. The successful candidate will help support the strategic and transformative initiatives of the federation.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada has been leading the transformative journey, with the support of its member agencies and governance leaders, to focus on redesigning and evolving its operating model and strategic framework. This work has made significant progress and as the organization gets closer to implementation of the new strategic direction, the Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Operations will be a key contributor in ensuring successful implementation.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Operations, you are highly effective at rolling up your sleeves and driving outcomes at both the operational and strategic levels. Leveraging strong political acumen, communication, influencing, organizational awareness and decision-making skills, you excel at issues management, stakeholder relations and the nurturing of strategic partnerships.
You are relied upon to drive and monitor the BBBSC’s strategic business planning process, monitor emerging trends and provide advice about opportunities and issues, lead a broad range of internal and external-facing strategic and sensitive initiatives, and report out progress in a meaningful and clear way to a broad range of stakeholders.
On behalf of the VP, S&O and the Senior Leadership, you develop regular and strategic communications that are customized to the needs of specific audiences. You build and maintain productive relationships and channels of dialogue to further the objectives of BBBS with staff, management, governance, agency leaders, and a wide range of external stakeholders.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters
Many children and youth in Canada struggle with societal barriers and face adversities in their lives like detrimental living conditions, family violence, risk factors for mental health, school issues and identity challenges. These circumstances have nothing to do with the value of who they are or who they can become, but because of these situations, children and youth risk not having the opportunity to live up to their full potential. Even worse is the possibility of continuing cycles of poverty and crime or developing mental health issues. This comes at a cost to the young person and society.
With the guidance and support of a mentor, these risks can be reduced or even avoided, and youth are reminded they can be anything they dream of being. This is the work of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada: igniting the power and potential of young people.
For over 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters have been matching mentors and mentees in 1-to-1 and group mentoring programs through a network of 102 member agencies in 1,100 communities across Canada. Every year, together with more than 21,000 volunteer mentors who log almost 2 million volunteer hours, we support 42,000 youth to realize their full potential.
About the role
- Apply deep business strategy development and stakeholder relationships to influence client agendas through key business insight and ensures alignment to strategic direction.
- Support the organization to ensure it meets its strategic key performance indicators thus enabling bold decisions on priority issues at the intersection of business, technology, and operations.
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for areas(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Create a project plan to track key deliverables and tasks, develop clear and effective PowerPoint decks for various audiences, lead or participate in strategic discussions or ideation with key stakeholders (agency leaders, national staff or governance)
- Provide strategic and operational support to help ensure the objectives are realized
- Play a key role in driving effective agendas, processes, outcomes and tracking Monitor internal and external environment to identify issues of interest and concern, develop briefing materials with advice and guidance, and convene and chair meetings and teams as needed
- Ability to quickly and effectively anticipate, address and manage a wide range and volume of issues working with staff, agency leaders and key stakeholders
- Ability to influence and maintain effective relationships with all levels of the
- Ability to develop effective and clear communications on behalf of VP, S&O and the National Office on routine and complex issues in a simple, impactful manner, customized to the needs of the audience. Develop and deliver reports and presentations
- Skill and political acumen in driving, monitoring, tracking, adjusting and communicating BBBS strategic business plan as well as the ability to develop effective and clear progress reporting approaches and key performance measures
- Ability to effectively manage and lead projects on time, on budget and with quality deliverables using impactful communications, change management and project management skills
- High energy level, resilience in the face of adversity and change, willingness to roll up sleeves, strong problem solving and highly effective at both the operational and strategic level
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in a relevant area of study and/or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Strategy consulting experience is preferred
- Post-secondary education that supports broad and strategic thinking, business planning and tracking, communications, issues resolution, relationship building, stakeholder management, government relations
- Progressively responsible experience in the public sector is preferred
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience with major transformations from efficiency and effective angle is a strong asset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly experienced in building high performing and empowered teams
- Ability to build trusting and effective relationships internally and externally
- Experience working in a national or global organization is preferred
- Bilingual in English and French is preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strategic, agile, and innovative
- Results-oriented with an entrepreneurial and “think outside the box” mindset
- Creative, with positive energy and solutions-oriented
- Strategic thinker with an eye for detail
- Team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Some travel may be required
How to apply
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We strongly encourage members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently-abled and other equity-seeking groups to apply and self-identify. Language abilities, especially bilingualism (English and French) are considered a definite asset.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan.