This position is responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance, and good operation (integrity, security, availability, ease of use, support, and training) of BBBSC’s technical systems including its workstations, telephony, networks and connected equipment, servers and associated software, and web-based systems (e.g., websites, SaaS products, domains and DNS records). Coordinating with both internal staff in support and training, external vendors, and reporting to the AVP Technology, the Director Systems Administration will be equipped to ensure that BBBSC and its various stakeholders have reliable access to, and use of, best-in-class technologies to assist in the delivery of mentoring services to Canada’s youth.
- Own projects, tasks, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project, task, or solution status, activities, blockers, and achievements
- Continuously develop and maintain documentation including
- Systems architecture documentation
- Systems planning documentation
- Internal systems operation procedures and protocols
- Systems use policies
- Continuously verify adherence to systems use policies
- Coordinate with internal support staff and any implicated vendors to ensure support standards for all systems and stakeholders are continually met
- Coordinate with internal training staff and any implicated vendors to ensure the continuous delivery of systems usage training (ranging from basic to advanced) and training updates upon systems change
- Provide technical expertise in responding to support request escalations
- Plan and execute communications targeted to affected stakeholders, notifying of end user impacts and any required actions arising from anticipated or unexpected systems changes or incidents
General Systems Administration
- Install and configure software and hardware of computer, network, and communications systems and devices
- Manage servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Manage software license optimization, procurement and provisioning
- Establish and maintain appropriate software and hardware monitoring, intrusion detection, diagnostic tools, and activity logging
- Monitor and maintain systems to ensure requirements and performance targets are met
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure system and data security, integrity, and availability through implementation of access controls, regular backups, firewalls, antivirus and antimalware, disaster recovery procedures, failover procedures, and cyberthreat and intrusion response procedures
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
Specific Systems Administration
- Configuration, troubleshooting and support of Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, One Drive for Business, Cloud App Security, Intune, and Azure Active Directory
- Configuration, troubleshooting and support of Azure IaaS architectures
- Coordinate with internal support and training staff, and external vendors, to operate, maintain, develop, and troubleshoot a WordPress “multisite”
- Coordinate with internal support and training staff, and external vendors, to operate, maintain, develop, and troubleshoot domain registrations and DNS records
- Coordinate with internal support and training staff, and external vendors, to operate, maintain, develop, and troubleshoot Microsoft Teams integrated VoIP system with cloud based PBX
- Other SaaS products employed by the National Office
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience planning, developing, and implementing workstations, networks, and web-based services and systems
- Wide-ranging knowledge of Microsoft products and systems, their implementation, and their administration
- Thorough demonstrable knowledge in systems technologies
- Strong ability to effectively and efficiently accomplish complex technical tasks
- Using critical thinking to analyze and interpret information to make recommendations, and to solve technical problems
- Advanced working knowledge of the use of computer technology
- Ability to quickly take in and analyze complex technical information, plans, and data sets
- General programming knowledge and skills, particularly scripting
- General operating systems knowledge
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience
BBBSC is a human-centered brand and values its employees. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package.
BBBSC is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We strongly encourage members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently abled and other equity seeking groups to apply and self-identify. Language abilities, especially bilingualism (English and French), are considered an asset.
If accommodation if required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications can be submitted via Charity Village.