ABOUT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (BBBS)
BBBSC is one of Canada’s leading youth charities. For over 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been matching mentors and mentees in 1-to-1 and group mentoring programs. Our 100 member agencies run a variety of mentoring programs in 1,100 communities across Canada. Every year, together with more than 21,000 volunteer mentors who log over 1.7 million volunteer hours, we change the lives of 42,000 Canadian youth, the lives of their families, and the communities in which they live. For every $1 invested in BBBS sees a return of $23 or 2300% in Canadian communities.
BBBSC recently completed its rebranding through the power of an impactful Theory of Change and is embarking on designing and implementing its #BiggerTogether 2021-2023 Strategic Framework centered around Engagement, Innovation and Growth. This strategic framework will aim to design a new financial sustainability strategy that enables BBBSC to invest in its strategic outcomes.
About the role
As the National Manager of Resource and Service Advancement, you play an important role in supporting the growth of the federation and the acceleration of our Mission, Vision, Brand and National Theory of Change. You are a valued member of Network Development and Member Services Team, helping to achieve the following Team Objectives.
High level Network Development & Member Service Team Objectives
- To cultivate a federation-wide commitment to evidence informed, quality programming that drives impact.
- To leverage local BBBS talent to bring high quality resources, services, and programs to scale.
- To empower BBBS agencies to collectively position for growth in alignment to BBBS modernized Brand and strategic priorities.
You support the Network Development and Member Services Team to meet the above Objectives through a focus on the following three priorities.
Priority Area 1: To engage with the BBBS federation to identify promising practices that are in alignment with BBBSC’s strategic priorities and hold potential to scale across the network.
- Engage with the network to scan for promising practices and identify program opportunities.
- Design learning events and opportunities for Network learning and knowledge exchange.
- Share promising practices with the Senior Director of Program and Impact to identify opportunities for scale and contribute to proposal writing to fulfil them.
Priority Area 2: To refine and update existing National resources and program tools based on collective learning in order to maximize local program impact.
- Update, revise and refine program resources and trainings in alignment with the Theory of Change and in response to BBBS Network feedback and experience.
- Assist in the co-design of new program resources and tools and execute on drafts, prototypes and final versions.
- Create a critical path to enhance National Service Delivery Training, with the goal of Network-wide implementation.
Priority Area 3: Nurturing a culture of learning across the Network.
- Raise awareness across National teams and throughout the BBBS Network about how research, evidence, and collective data can be leveraged to support strategic priorities.
- Assist in gathering content in alignment with the National Knowledge Mobilization Strategy.
- Share national trends and data throughout the BBBS Network and support the BBBS Network with using the data to advance service. For example, this could include drafting editorial content (large-scale email updates, blogs, project summaries), creating presentations, delivering presentations, and contributing to national and regional convention content.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who loves to revise, edit, and create useful materials that support high quality programming. You thrive in fast paced working environments and are comfortable jumping from meeting to meeting to collaborate with others. You value engagement and have experience designing strategies to collect input from multiple stakeholders. You are skilled at working with diverse populations (remotely and in person) and are comfortable facilitating a group through a meeting, ensuring principles of equity, diversity and inclusion are respected. You love to listen, reflect and put group feedback into action. When you are faced with a challenge, you bring forth ideas for solutions. You are highly organized, analytical and follow through on commitments.
- Strong French language skills (oral and writing) are asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within the social service sector, experience within a federation is an asset.
- Knowledge base in youth mentoring and youth development.
- Experience building program resources, assets and training material, for example educational curriculum development
- Relative experience in youth work and /or social work and adult education
- Expert in co-design and engagement.
- Understand innovation strategies and processes.
- Familiar with Knowledge Mobilization and Knowledge Brokerage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across internal teams.
- Accountable to timelines and consistent with following through on commitments as agreed upon.
BBBSC is a human-centered brand and values its employees. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package. BBBSC is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We strongly encourage members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently-abled, and other equity-seeking groups to apply and self-identify. If accommodation is required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview. Proficiency in French and English is preferred. Please state your language competencies in your application. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan, National Manager, Talent & Culture. The posting will be live until the position is filled or a candidate has been identified.