NATIONAL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada is seeking a National Programs Coordinator to assume responsibility for providing day-to-day coordination and administrative support for BBBSC national programs to meet funder and BBBS Federation priorities. We seek an energetic, passionate, and empathic teammate who is compelled to make a difference through their work.
WHY BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF CANADA?
Since 1912, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been a social justice champion making a positive difference in the lives of Canada’s children and youth. The organization develops and implements a wide range of mentoring programs. Through the “power of three”–the family; the organization; and the mentor–we provide children the life-changing developmental relationships they need to reach their full potential.
Across Canada, Big Brothers Big Sisters serves more than 41,000 children and youth in 1,000 communities, through its 95 member agencies. The need is great as there are still thousands more Canadian children and youth waiting for mentors.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s (BBBSC) role is that of catalyst, facilitator, and guardian of the brand. We fundraise to provide support, services, training, and leadership to our member agencies.
Our staff and volunteers support diverse young Canadians by providing a safe passage through childhood. We help children overcoming adversities and provide opportunities for them to grow and thrive as young adults.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN THIS ROLE?
This is a 1 FTE (35 hours per week) position that reports to the National Manager, Network Initiatives and Engagement. This is a 3 month contract to support BBBSC National Programs. The responsibilities of the National Programs Coordinator will include:
- Communicate program funder expectations to program sites to ensure they are adequately prepared to meet them.
- Support the alignment of national programs to the National Theory of Change.
- In collaboration with National Manager, ensure compliance with funder agreements and objectives, including requirements relating to reporting, evaluation, targets and deliverables, and partnership activation activities.
- Support the creation, organization, and maintenance of national program workplans.
- Support in the management of national program budgets.
- Support reporting and evaluation processes, working closely with program sites and BBBSC team members.
- Support program sites in solving local program challenges, providing guidance and support in the navigation of barriers and challenges to optimal program delivery and collective focus on the National Theory of Change.
- Design meeting agendas, coordinate guest speakers, learning opportunities and ways to spark collaboration across program sites.
- Communicate program site experiences to the BBBSC Team, providing insights into how these experiences could influence current and future funding, training, and national opportunities.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess strong experience in coordinating and supporting program delivery in the child- and youth-serving sector. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities and timelines. You are highly organized, analytical, and can follow through on commitments. You can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and provide timely insights and guidance that can be used to make informed decisions in their respective areas. You are comfortable working both independently and in cooperation with others. You are passionate about the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
In addition to being a team player, quick learner, and an analytical thinker the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience working within the child and youth social service sector.
- Experience managing project workplans and budgets.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on ensuring principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion are respected.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and eager to learn.
- Proficient in Office 365 environment and platforms including Teams, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bilingual fluency (French) is an asset
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken), French is an asset
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada is committed to principles of anti-oppression and employment equity. We strongly encourage members of Indigenous, ethno-racial, LGBTQ+, Francophone, immigrant, refugee, differently abled and other equity seeking groups to apply and self-identify. Language abilities, especially bilingualism (English and French) are considered an asset.
If accommodation if required during the hiring process, please inform the hiring committee once selected for an interview. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Although BBBSC works in a remote environment, there will be opportunities to for the staff to connect and engage periodically at in-person BBSC meetings and external events.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Lovejeet Chohan, National Manager, Talent & Culture. The posting will be active until the position is filled or a candidate has been identified.